SPACEBEL is a Belgian Space systems and software engineering company that has grown in the Space market to become a trusted developer of advanced IT solutions and a related service provider. Today, SPACEBEL is in the international mix of small satellite system suppliers. The company operates in the Space and Earth monitoring applications sectors, serving Space agencies, government departments, major aerospace companies, European institutions as well as the commercial market.
ABOUT THE JOB
Aiming to offer/develop solutions and lead projects related to ground infrastructure and Web-based data access and exploitation systems for satellite data, Spacebel is looking for a technical leader Java / Web applications. This vacant position is located in our offices in Liège or in Hoeilaart (Bxl) where a young and dynamic team is working in a serene atmosphere that fosters exchanges and ensures respect of the Human being.
As foretaste of the job content, here are some of the concrete tasks to be performed :
- Collaborate with our customers to find the perfect solution(s) to their need(s) ;
- Develop application components and standard-based interfaces (Development backend and Web frontends) using the most recent technologies (JSF, AngularJS, Node.js, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, …) ;
- Analyze requirements, contribute to technical proposals and implement solutions;
- Work in sync with other team members in an Agile environment, share knowledge and make suggestions.
- Master degree in computer sciences or engineering.
- Several years of experience as software engineer or developer.
- You are familiar with the Java development frameworks (at least one of the following: Spring, Play, EJB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS).
- You have a first experience in :
- designing and implementing REST or SOA web services (e.g. OpenAPI, (Geo)JSON, JSON Schema, XML Schema), including security aspects (OAuth 2.0, SAML, ..);
- designing Web Applications based on Open Source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Angular, Node.js, React, HTML-5, CSS…).
- An experience or a knowledge of the following aspects is an asset :
- agile software development methodologies;
- cloud-related technology (Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS, ..);
- RDBMS (i.e. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases and Big Data frameworks (i.e. MongoDB, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, …);
- user interface frameworks (AngularJS, React, View.js, …) or Java Server Faces or similar frontend environments (i.e. Primefaces);
- standards : OGC, INSPIRE, W3C or OASIS;
- Semantic Web technology (JSON-LD, RDF, OWL, SPARQL, SKOS, DCAT…).
- A solid knowledge of technical English is essential, both for the reading of specifications as for documentation and proposal preparation.
- Team player and communicative.
- Independent analyst/developer for most development tasks.
- Eager to learn to grow his/her development skill levels.
- Rigorous and concerned by the quality of the output delivered.
- A permanent contract in a professional and stimulating environment (space sector);
- An attractive and complete compensation package in line with your profile and experience;
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects using the latest technology;
- A company that really shows interest in its collaborators;
- Training sessions on regular basis.
Do not hesitate to contact Sarah Jenné, HRBP :
Tel: +32 (0) 4 361 81 11